In this Podcast you will learn:
1) The different types of letter asked for.
2) How to answer and structure the question perfectly.
3) How to write in a formal / informal style.
4) PLENTY OF TIPS!
5) An exercise to do at home, (free correction from me).
Here is the question with a model answer:
You recently bought a new computer for your flat but it did not work. You phoned the shop but no action was taken. Write a letter to the shop manager. In your letter
• describe the problem with the computer
• explain what happened’ when you phoned the shop
• say what you would like the manager to do.
Dear Sir or Madam,
I am contacting you in relation to my recent purchase of an Acer 3001 laptop from your shop. Upon buying the product I was assured by the salesman that if there were any inconveniences I would be promptly attended to. Unfortunately this was not the case.
Firstly, the computer screen failed to display in full colour, this was followed by repeated error messages, by which time the computer would usually freeze and crash.
After an afternoon of trying to fix the problem I called your helpline only to be placed in a queue for ten minutes then the line would disconnect. After several calls to the premium priced line I decided to contact you directly.
Due to all of these problems, including the lack of customer service I would like a full refund. I have already returned the laptop, with the receipt and original packaging. Please transfer the funds into the account number supplied.