Your IELTS task 2 can require you to answer a “negative/positive development” question. You will need to discuss whether something is a positive or negative trend and provide reasons to support your answer. Take a look at a recent tutorial explaining the different IELTS Task 2 essay structures.
In this tutorial we will:
- answer recent IELTS essay questions seen in the exam
- look at how to generate ideas for task 2
- show you how to plan and organize your ideas to build coherent paragraphs that score high for task response AND cohesion and coherence.
Essay questions we will provide model answers to:
- In many countries around the world young people decide to leave their parents’ home once they finish school. They start living on their own or sharing a home with friends. Is this a positive or a negative development? Give reasons for your answer and include relevant examples.
- These days more fathers stay at home and take care of their children while mothers go out to work. What could be the reasons for this? Is it a positive or negative development?
- More and more companies are allowing employees to work at home. Do you think this is a positive or negative development?
You can download or listen to the audio version here:
Podcast: Play in new window