1. Nowadays online shopping is extremely popular. Discuss the impact of it on the environment and on people who lost their jobs because of it.
2. Nowadays celebrities earn more money than politicians. What are the reasons for this? Is it a positive or negative development?
3. Many people think that every individual is responsible for their happiness, but some people believe there are other external factors that influence us. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
4. It is too expensive to look after and repair old buildings. This money should be spent on building modern buildings instead. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?
5. Scientific research should be the responsibility of governments rather than commercial organizations. Do you agree or disagree with this statement?
6. Some people believe that women should be treated as equal to men when applying for a job with police or the military. Others think women are less suitable for this kind of job. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
7. Some people prefer to work in the same type of job throughout their lifetime while others like to change the type of job they do. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
8. Some people think that it is fine for professional sportsmen and sportswomen to misbehave on or off the field, as long as they are playing well. Do you agree or disagree with this statement?
9. People are becoming too dependent on the Internet and phone. Is it a positive or negative development?
10. Some people suggest that it is better for children to be brought up by the whole family including uncles, aunts and grandparents, rather than just the parents. Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Give your opinion and examples.
11. Some people think that the government should increase tax on unhealthy food to encourage people to start eating healthy. Do you agree or disagree?
12. Nowadays, people are spending more time away from their homes because they spend longer in their workplace. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages.
13.Nowadays a few people take their family with them abroad whenever they go on a business trip. What are the advantages and disadvantages for them and for their family?
14. Many parents complain about violence promoted to their children through video games, TV programs and other media. Why is it happening? What can be the solution for it?