1. Nowadays consumer goods have become the most important part of people’s lives. Do the advantages of this outweigh the disadvantages?
2. Some people say that protecting the environment is the government’s responsibility. Others believe that every individual should take responsibility for it. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
3. Some people are fond of buying new gadgets, phones, or laptops. Is this a good or bad thing? Discuss your opinion.
4. Some people believe that if people are allowed to work after the age of 60, it could cause problems. Do you agree or disagree?
5. Some parents think children should have mobile phones, others disagree. Discuss both sides and give your opinion.
6. Some people think that schools should select students according to their academic abilities. Others believe that it is better to have students with different abilities study together. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
7. Some people think that zoos are cruel and that all zoos should be closed. However, others think that zoos are useful for protecting rare animals. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
8. Nowadays newspapers publish information about the private lives of individuals. Some people think the government should maintain certain control over the information that gets published, while others disagree. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
9. Culture and traditions change from generation to generation. Why does this happen? What can be done to change it?
10. Food travels thousands of miles from producers to consumers. Some people think that it would be better for the environment and economy if people ate only the local food produced by farmers. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
11. Advertising is influencing people more and more. Is this a positive or a negative trend? Give your own opinion and examples.
12. Nowadays museums and historical sites are visited mainly by foreign tourists rather than by locals. Why is this happening? What can be done to get locals to visit museums and historical sites more often?
13. Many sports players advertise sports-related products. What are the advantages and disadvantages of this?
14. Governments and big companies should work together to reverse environmental damage, rather than expecting individuals to take responsibility. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement? Give your opinion and relevant examples.
15. Government should spend money to encourage the development of sport and art for school students, rather than supporting professional sports and art performances for the general public. Do you agree or disagree? Give your own opinion.
16. Some parents believe that reading books for entertainment is a waste of children’s time. They think that their children should read only serious educational books. What is your opinion?