1. Nowadays most people are not as fit and active, as they were in the past. What are the main causes of this situation? Suggest some possible solutions.
2. Nowadays, international tourism is the biggest industry in the world. Unfortunately, it creates tension rather than understanding between people from different cultures. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?
3. Fossil fuels (e.g. coals, oil and gas) are the main source of energy for most countries. However, alternative sources of energy (e.g. wind and solar) have been encouraged for use by some countries. To what extent is this a positive or negative development?
4. Nowadays media should include more good news in their publications. Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.
5. Fossil fuels are the main source of energy around the world. However, people are being encouraged to use alternative energy sources such as wind energy, solar energy and so on. Do you think this is a positive or negative development? Why?
6. Some people believe that elderly employees are more useful to a company, while others believe that young employees are better. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
7. The number of older people is increasing. Some people think that this will cause problems in their countries, others believe this group is important to society. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
8. Some think that teenagers should follow older people’s rules. Others thinks that it is natural for them to challenge what older people say. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
9. Television Sporting shows such as the Olympics motivatethe youth who do not like to exercise much. Do you agree or disagree? Include relevant examples in your answer and provide your own opinion.
10. Nowadays many people want to buy famous brands of clothes, cars and other items. What are the reasons for this? Do you think it is a positive or a negative development?
11. More people live alone today than they did in the past. Do you think this is a positive or negative development? Give your opinion and relevant examples to support your view.
12. Some people believe that price is the only consideration when buying something. Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Give your opinion and include relevant examples.
13. Some people believe that educational success depends on good teachers, while others believe that students’ attitudes are important. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
Number 14. People in the current generation are not fit and active. This will cause health problems in the future. What could be the reasons for the inactivity and suggest solutions for this issue.
15. Parents, usually mothers, stay at home to look after their families. People believe that for this they should receive a salary from the government. Do you agree or disagree and why?
16. Some people think that they can go to the gym to remain fit, while others think that there are other better ways to do this. Discuss both views along with your opinion.
17. Some people say companies should require all employees to wear uniforms at work. Others think it is unnecessary. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
18. Because of modern technology, some people believe that it is no longer necessary for people to learn handwriting skills, but others believe that handwriting is still an important skill. Discuss both views and give your opinion based on your experience.
19. Nowadays many people work from home. Some think it is beneficial, while others think it may distract the family routine. What is your opinion?
20. It is necessary for parents to attend a parenting training course to bring their children up. Do you agree or disagree?
21. Nowadays people work too hard. What is the reason for this? What should employers do to prevent employees from over working?
22. Nowadays people get married and have children after the age of 30. Is it a positive or negative development?
23. Today, some young people say that their mobile phones are the most important thing they own. Do you think that the popularity of mobile phones is a good or bad thing?
24. Nowadays, people believe that governments should invest tax-payer’s money in healthcare, others believe that money should be use in other areas. Discuss both points of view and give your opinion.