Listen to the experts from CommunicationSteroids.com
For this episode I interviewed two speaking experts from CommunicationSteroids.com, they offer great advice on their site.
Have a listen, then go to the end of the post and do the little exercise, because listening without action is entertainment, not learning.
In this Podcast you will learn:
- Tips on how to communicate effectively
- How to avoid getting nervous.
- Avoid those ‘mind going blank’ moments.
- How to kill the urrrrs and arrrs.
- The best preparation for a mini-presentation.
After Listening…What Should You Do Now?
Sign up for free updates and even more help!
You’ve learned about the best speaking strategies from the best speakers. Now it’s time to put one tiny piece of this knowledge to work…
1. Record yourself speaking about your country (use Audacity, or your phone). -There is some great info on Podcast 003 on how to do this.
2. Count how many times you say uhmm and arrrr.
3. Monitor and count, then try doing it again.
Send me an email after you have done this, I want to know how it turned it out:)
Stage 2 –Follow this simple 3-step formula:
Step 1: Record yourself talking about these Sample Cue Cards from Dominic.
Remember the Rule of Three and how to use Pauses.
Step 2: Listen and Analyse
Become aware of the ummms and arhhhhs.
My first Podcasts were FULL of uhhmmms and arhhhs so don’t be hard on yourself, just take note.
Do it again, remember the advice given, pauses etc. GET CONCIOUS OF IT.
Step 3: Email me the progress you made, or leave a comment.
For more speaking tutorials, click here