Divya is a bright young Indian professional on the way to Canada!
She works in an IT consultancy and communicates everyday in English, through emails, reports and calls.
IELTS was stopping Divya from going to Canada. She took the exam once and got 6.5 in the writing, but needed 7 for Canada.
She re-starts her preparation by looking at model essays, reviews a few sites online and takes the test again. And again got 6.5!
For the third time she decides to get feedback by buying a trial essay correction for $5.
She got the trial essay correction first because she was worried the site was fake, that the guarantee (Jump to Band 7 or it’s Free) was a fake.
Her Writing Confidence Increased Fast
After buying the correction and getting feedback her writing confidence increased and she decided to get the whole course.
Through the trial essay correction she gained trust in the essay correction service, and more importantly, felt comfortable getting video essay corrections
Here is one of here essay corrections:
The Jump to Band 7 or it’s Free guarantee reassured her it was a good idea.
Divya then worked through the exercises, wrote the essays, and got the feedback. Each time she wrote an essay and got feedback her writing improved, and so did her writing confidence.
IELTS IS NOT IMPOSSIBLE
You need to get the skills, find your errors, follow a system or course, and you will pass IELTS.
If you don’t follow a system for writing and improving your essays it can be become FRUSTRATING, EXPENSIVE and DEPRESSING.
A good system for writing IELTS essays gives you a structure to follow with clear instructions, and expert feedback.
After completing the course by writing essays, getting expert feedback, and watching the expert tutorials, she felt confident to do the IELTS exam a 3rd time.
Picture this: in the exam she was writing one of her best essays ever! She said she felt very confident and knew exactly what to write. In fact the essay just wrote itself….so she was very confident the Band score would be better.
“After taking my course her score dropped to Band 6! ”
Divya was OUTRAGED! Previously she had scored 6.5 and now after writing 10 essays, getting expert feedback, she drops to Band 6?!?! What is going on?
Feeling ripped off, and completely cheated she decides to ask for a RE-EVALUATION.
She asked for a remark even though a lot of sites online said it wasn’t worth the money. After all, you pay for it (8000 Rupees / 120 USD) and even if they improve your grade you don’t get refunded!
Anyway she decides to go for a remark. WHY?
1. She was absolutely convinced her essay was much much better than previous attempts.
2. Writing Task 2 went perfectly (ZERO PANIC). In this exam she had used the Sentence Guide structure, and received lots of valuable feedback.
3. She knew exactly what to write for Task 2 (complete confidence), and finished the exam with perfect timing (and even had time to check for mistakes!).
Therefore she felt absolutely confident about applying for a remark…
- You know you have improved considerably
- You have practiced considerably and received a lot of expert IELTS FEEDBACK
- You completed a course and confidently know how to write for both Task 1 and 2
- You have improved both your IELTS exam skills and your English language skills
- Your IELTS Tutor is convinced your essays have improved
- In the exam you had a perfect day! You wrote around 300 words and checked for mistakes
If you answered yes for all of the above then you should definitely consider asking for a re-mark.
Listen or download the podcast below.