In this tutorial, we look at how to answer all parts of the IELTS question in writing task 2.
When I correct essays I often see an excellently written essay, with academic collocations, and amazing topic-specific vocabulary.
But then I read the question and realise the student has FAILED.
Because the Task 2 question was about X, and the student wrote about Y.
This is one of the most common essay-writing mistakes students make.
In this tutorial you will learn the following:
- how to answer all parts of the IELTS essay question
- how to make sure you write the essay the examiner wants to read
- how to develop on-topic ideas
- how to start (and stay) ON TOPIC!
This tutorial is part of a series to help students get the most from our new online IELTS essay checker tool here.
Get an estimated band score, discover where your weaknesses are and score higher!
When you upgrade (from $9 / month) this March you get
- detailed explanations on your essay score
- free Task 2 Essay Writing Course
You can download or listen to the full tutorial here: