In today’s tutorial, we look at the IELTS Employment topic, with collocations, viewpoints, ideas, opinions and sample answers.
We look at:
- An anecdote about employment with useful IELTS vocabulary
- Questions and sample answers about employment to help you generate ideas
- Useful collocations for the IELTS Employment topic
- How to form coherent opinions and get your position clear for IELTS Employment questions
Now for this tutorial, we are going to look at more collocations and TSV, and just for you, we are going to go through some questions to help you get anecdotes, opinions, and positions, to make answering the IELTS questions easier.
IELTS Employment Topic: -Anecdote
It just wouldn’t stop! It kept on printing and printing! The entire report! 500 pages!!!
It was my first week working in this office and I already hated it!
The other office worker looked at me and asked me if it was me who had sent it and I said yes, her eyes rolled and she explained that their office cannot stop it and we will be out of paper soon!
I think this is just one reason why I dislike offices, at the end of the podcast I’ll share the ending to the story.
IELTS Employment Topic: Questions
We will go through these questions first, then I will give you MY PERSONAL OPINIONS AND ANSWERS, feel free to use these in your own speaking exam, or even the writing if they are relevant.
- How do you feel personally about this topic?
- What makes you happy in the workplace?
- Office work? Outdoor work? Hands-on work? Solitary work? How have YOU changed over the years?
- What do you need in your job? Security? Promotion? Growth? Independance? Teamwork?
- Colleagues? Do you love or hate your colleagues?
- Are you a student? What do you like studying?
- Do you work better under deadlines or do they stress you out?
- Are you a workaholic?
- Professional lawyers earning 250K a year? Fair / Unfair?
- Why do some people love work while others detest it?
- Is work important in your country?
Join many other students who have achieved IELTS success with our Speaking Confidence Course or get instant writing feedback with our online IELTS essay checker.
You can download or listen to the full tutorial here:
| Direct Download Here | Stitcher | iTunes | Spotify
Podcast: Play in new window | Download