Check out this list of 25 useful IELTS English resources and online learning tools for IELTS students.
- Amby‘s site contains a Directory of Resources. It lists educational resources for teachers, students, & parents, test prep resources for academic or employment tests and even brain teasers, puzzles, and thinking skill enhancers.
- Edvista for Marc Siskin and Claire Bradin Siskin, is their “home on the Internet.” It reflects their “vista” of the Internet and how it might be used as an educational tool.
- Gone2Korea is a leading job placement agency for westerners who want to teach English in South Korea. Learn about the requirements and application process.
- WorldCoverTips helps individuals from overseas to find suitable travel insurance (often called Student or Backpacker travel insurance) while you are transitioning to a new country
- Skills Workshop contains free resources in literacy, numeracy, ESOL, study / language / dyslexia support, and Functional Skills classes.
- Internet4Classrooms A free web portal designed to assist anyone who wants to find high-quality, free Internet resources to use in classroom instruction, developing project ideas, reinforcing specific subject matter areas both in the class and at home and even for online technology tutorials.
- Anthony Halderman, an English Instructor, uses his site as a resource bank for ESL sites that provide useful information, videos, exercises, and songs.
- ESL Fast is a huge free online English learning resource for Beginners to Intermediate Learners.
- Fox Valley Literacy provides both Adult Basic Education and English Language Learning through trained volunteer tutors who teach adults learners one-on-one.
- esl-lounge: Free ESL Lesson Materials for teachers. Grammar, worksheets, song lyrics, board games, pronunciation and more. All free and printable.
- BusinessEnglishSite.com: Free exercises for ESL students arranged by topic: Accounting, finance, sales and marketing, project management, information technology (IT), and more.
- Academic English UK is a group of highly qualified Academic English teachers who work on International Academic English Courses in a variety of universities in the UK. Their mission is to provide SIMPLE yet EFFECTIVE resources for students and teachers. They aim to create authentic lessons and exercises that are easy to use, interesting and highly motivating.
- ESL Base has free resources and advice for teaching English, whether you’re just starting out, a seasoned teacher, or somewhere in between.
Guaranteed Job TEFL Courses for Learner Groups Worldwide: Train in the Land of Smiles and qualify to teach ESL or EFL anywhere! Accredited TEFL Courses conducted in Bangkok, Pattaya and Chiang Mai, Thailand. More than 3,200 employed graduates! Free visa and accommodations assistance and a guaranteed job for graduates.
- ESLprintables: English worksheets and resources: Thousands of ESL teachers sharing worksheets, powerpoints and other resources. Subscribe for free, send your contributions and start downloading. There are over 300000 printable resources to choose!
Network ESL is made up of a wide range of Native English speakers from AUS, CAN, UK, USA, New Zealand and South Africa, all introducing teachers into the Chinese education system under the organization of Network ESL. By operating under one umbrella, they can provide you with the most extensive information and support network available.
Eslwriting by Rob Whyte has a panoply of teaching resources.
- ESL Galaxy – ESL Lesson Plan Portal. ESL lesson plan materials, printable worksheets & Games for Teaching English , Speaking, ESL kids materials, grammar exercises, reading and writing materials, Interactive grammar & Vocabulary Exercises for students.
- LanguageCourse is a tool to facilitate the process of comparing offers from agencies to printed school brochures and to assist other potential students in choosing the best course and school.
Recent IELTS exam questions and topics are available on www.IELTS-Blog.com, updated daily.
Using real and recent exam questions in your preparation will help you cover all the important topics that may appear in IELTS, expand your vocabulary and avoid surprises in your exam.
- Ingles Madrid – has some great information for TOEFL courses.
- Webgidsje – Website guide for everything you need to find on the internet.
- MyDegreeGuide.com helps students find ways to finish their college degree at a faster pace. Through in-depth college guides and degree tips, students are able to realize their dream of finishing their college degree in less time.
Everest Language School – If you are looking for an English School in Dublin, Everest is a great choice. They are a school owned and operated by teachers. They have an incredible team of English teachers, who are located in the very middle of Dublin city centre. Best of all, they are a small school that looks after all their students and they work extremely hard to give their students the best possible experience in Dublin.
- Top 10 IELTS Podcasts – Have a look at Feedspot to find the top 10 IELTS podcasts to help you prepare for IELTS exam.
- Didier Madelaine’s Website – Free language learning portal on the internet.
- nool.ca – A online learning tool to help improve your study skills and gain access to free ESL/EAL resources.
- Doksi.net – A site providing English grammar lessons and interesting historical facts about language and history.
- Tutlance – Provides students with professional online tutoring . Look at their extensive resources, helping you understand the different types of essays.
- My Speech Class – This site will help you express yourself and overcome challenges you might face with communicating your ideas.
IELTS ENGLISH RESOURCES: INTERVIEWS AND GUEST POSTS
- Reallife English – English Vocabulary for the Environment (IELTS Speaking Lesson)
- Interview with Marcos from FollowEnglish – Marcos Gazzana asked Ben Worthington some questions about the beginning of his teaching career. Ben also talks about his podcast and the services he offers. They both exchanged views on mistakes candidates often make and the best strategies to improve their scores and how much time candidates need to reach higher bands.
- Interview with Luke from EnglishPodcast – In this episode, Luke Thompson talked to Ben Worthington about various things relating to the IELTS. This episode is full of good advice and insights into how to prepare for this test and ways to improve your score.
- Interview with Annemarie Fowler from Speak Confident English and Fluency School – In this interview, Ben highlights strategies you can use to increase your vocabulary for daily conversations in English. They talk about smart strategies to increase vocabulary for IELTS, TOEFL, and even for daily life.
- Interview with Linda from Accepted – In this interview, Ben talks in great detail about the various sections of the test and how to prepare for them, as well as what to do if you can’t seem to break out of the scoring slump you are in.