Speaking Cue Cards about Places
1.Describe another city you would like to stay in for a short time. You should say:
- Where it is
- Who would you like to go with
- What would you like to do there
- Why you would like to stay there for a short time
- Why do people sometimes go to other cities?
- Why are historical cities popular?
- Do you think tourists may come across bad things in other cities?
2. Describe your favourite place in your house where you can relax. You should say:
- Where it is
- What it is like
- What you enjoy doing there
- Why do you feel relaxed in this place
- Why is it difficult for some people to relax?
- What are the benefits of doing exercise?
- Do people in your country exercise after work? What is the place where people spend most of their time in their homes?
3. Describe a new development in the area where you live(e.g.shopping mall, park…). You should say:
- What the development is
- When/where you noticed it
- How long it took to complete it
- And explain how you feel about it
- Is public transportation popular in China?
- What can be improved in public transport services?
- What leisure facilities can be used by people of all ages?
- Do young people in your country like to go to the cinema?
4. Describe a place you visited where the air was polluted. You should say:
- Where the place is
- When you visited there
- Why the air was not good
- And explain how you felt about the place
5. Describe a noisy place you have been to. You should say:
- What it is
- When you went there
- What you did there
- And explain why you feel it’s a noisy place