IELTS band 8 vocabulary and collocations
Home » IELTS vocabulary » IELTS band 8 vocabulary and collocations
This tutorial focuses entirely on collocations and vocabulary.
We look at:
- The six different types of collocations
- How to use the collocations
- The AWL (academic word list) -Here is a link to the 20 most frequent academic words used (pdf).
- Three valuable tips if you are going for band 8 or higher.
Here is one of the tips:
- Find a word from the AWL pdf list given above.
- Place it into the Cambridge Online Dictionary.
- Find the phrases, and the level:
4. Convert according to equivalency:
5. Now you have a very useful resource for checking the quality of your vocabulary. More information on CEFR equivalency can be found here.
If you need more help with passing IELTS, try the new improved and updated online course, click here. You can also find a valuable tutorial about IELTS vocabulary here.
Download the podcast here:
|Direct Download Here | Stitcher | iTunes | Spotify | Soundcloud |