This tutorial focuses entirely on collocations and vocabulary.
We look at:
- The 6 different types of collocations
- How to use the collocations
- The AWL (Academic Word List) -Here is a link to the 20 most frequent academic words used (pdf).
- Three valuable tips if you are going for Band 8 or higher.
Here is one of the tips:
- Find a word from the AWL pdf list given above.
- Place it into the Cambridge Online Dictionary.
- Find the phrases, and the level:
4. Convert according to equivalency:
5. Now you have a very useful resource for checking the quality of your vocabulary. More information on CEFR equivalency can be found here.
Download the podcast here: