In this episode, ex-IELTS examiner Robert talks about how much vocabulary you need to score a Band 7 in the IELTS Exam.
Although vocabulary is important in listening and reading, about 25% of the total score in speaking and writing is for the lexical resource which is seen from two points of view: how extensive or wide your vocabulary is and how deep it is when it comes to particular topics.
It is important to understand the difference between being able to recognize a word, understand it in context and actually using that word in your speech or writing.
Listen to this episode and you will learn:
- how important is vocabulary in the IELTS exam
- how to learn new vocabulary for the IELTS test
- examples of correct and incorrect vocabulary to use in the writing and speaking test
- a trusted way to learn new words
- what is a word family and how it can help improve your vocabulary
You can download or listen to the audio version here: