In this episode, we talk to ex-IELTS examiner Robert about examples of complex sentences for IELTS writing tasks.
A sentence has one job above all others: to convey information. Its job is not to be clever. Its primary task is to present information and in your case, score points.
Listen to this episode and you will learn:
- the three types of sentences and what they mean
- how complex your sentences in writing tasks have to be
- a list of more complex structures in the English language to help improve your writing
- how to write a complex sentence to score band 7 and above (step by step instructions)
- how examiners decide if your writing is simple or complex
- examples of complex sentences to use in your exam
You can download or listen to the audio version here: