In this tutorial, we discuss sample answers to five IELTS Globalisation questions in Task 2.
We look at:
- Sample answers to sample IELTS globalisation questions
- Useful phrases and collocations to use when answering globalisation questions
- The best way to develop strong and coherent answers
- How to understand globalisation questions in IELTS Task 2
Read the questions below
- Many countries now face an economic downturn so it is better for each country to focus on its own problems rather than helping other countries. To what extent do you agree or disagree? Use specific reasons and examples to support your position
- In many cities, the use of video cameras in public places is being increased in order to reduce crime, but some people believe that these measures restrict our individual freedom. Do the benefits of increased security outweigh the drawbacks?
- Every country should produce enough of everything that the country needs so it does not have to rely on imports. Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Use specific reasons and examples to support your position.
- Do you think that people who work online at home are more productive than office workers or the other way around? Give reasons and examples to support your answer.
- Some people claim that hardly any of the waste from factories is recycled. They say that the only way to increase recycling is for the authorities to make it a legal requirement. To what extent do you think laws are needed to make factories recycle more of their waste?
You can download or listen to the full tutorial here: