In this episode, we speak to Sam from the University of Hartford about opportunities and facilities for international students.
- Facilities available for international students
- English requirements for prospective international students
- What is the community like for international students at the University of Hartford
- Covid precautions put in place on campus
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Which exam should you take?
Although all four exams test English proficiency, they each have a different focus.
- TOEFL exam: mainly focused on testing your ability to read, write, and speak English in an academic setting.
- CLB exam: focused on Canadian language benchmarks in order to gauge your ability to function in society.
- CELPIP exam: specifically designed for people who want to live and work in Canada.
- IELTS exam: geared towards those who want to study at a higher level or immigrate to an English-speaking country.
Hartford accepts both TOEFL and IELTS, check the Hartford site to find want band score you will need for your course.
How to send your IELTS score or result to universities?
You can send your score to universities via an electronic score report delivery or paper TRF delivery. Before sending your score, be sure to check the preferred delivery method of your target university. Find out all you need to know about sending your IELTS score to universities.
You can download or listen to the full tutorial below: