This tutorial discusses how to write problem-solution essays in IELTS Writing Task 2.
A “problem and solution” essay, as its name suggests, proposes a problem to you and asks you to suggest a solution or solutions to it. It may also ask about the causes of the problem or the effects which the problem has.
Listen and you will learn:
- How to write a problem solution essay
- How to understand the question and structure your answer
- How to make logical arguments in your answer
- Three things all problem and solution questions have in common
- Ideas to develop answers to sample IELTS problem/solutions questions
Read the Sample Problem Solution Essay Questions below
- ‘Loneliness’ is an increasing problem in many societies, especially among the elderly. Why is this? How might it be remedied?
- The world’s oceans are filling up with plastic waste. What are the reasons for this, and how can the situation be improved?
- Many of the world’s rarest plants and animals are on the verge of becoming extinct. Why is this? What, if anything can be done to slow this process or arrest it all together?
You can download or listen to the full tutorial here: