In this tutorial, we discuss sample answers and ideas for the latest IELTS Task 2 questions as seen in the exam in January 2023.
We look at:
- How to organise your Task 2 Answer into paragraphs
- How to answer Task 2 Questions about sensitive topics
- Using examples in your Task 2 Answer
- A useful system to simplify all types of Task 2 Questions
- How to get and develop ideas for your answers
Read the latest Task 2 Questions below
- In recent years, there has been growing interest in the relationship between equality and personal achievement. Some people believe that individuals can achieve more in egalitarian societies. Others believe that high levels of personal achievement are possible only if individuals are free to succeed or fail according to their individual merits. Discuss both sides and give your own opinion.
- Our personalities are predetermined as a result of our genes before we are born and there is nothing that can be done to change our character traits. To what extent do you agree?
- Some people believe that teaching children at home is best for a child’s development while others think it is important for children to go to school. Discuss both the advantages of each method and give your own opinion
- As the number of cars increases, more money has to be spent on road systems. Some people think the government should pay for this. Others, however, think that drivers should cover the costs. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
- Some people suggest that a country should try to produce all the food for its population and import as little food as possible. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
- Museums and art galleries should concentrate on local works rather than showing the cultures or artworks from other countries. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
- Online currencies have become more common in recent years. Why is this? Is this a positive or negative development?
- Many customs and traditional ways of behaviour are no longer relevant to modern life and not worth keeping. Do you agree or disagree?
- Some think secondary and high school students should be allowed to choose academic courses leading to university or practical courses leading to careers such as carpenters. To what extent do you agree or disagree？
- Some people say that to prevent illness and disease, governments should focus more on reducing environmental pollution and housing problems. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
You can download or listen to the full tutorial here: