Scroll to the bottom of the page to read the newest questions received from students who recently completed the exam.
Send in the questions you saw, let’s help each other pass this exam!
Click here for IELTS Topics and answers, including essay valuable Task Two plans.
For above a band 7 you will need IELTS vocabulary, this page shares some useful strategies and sources to improve your lexical resource.
To improve your opinion forming skills, check out the BBC, get a rough overview of the current affairs in each topic. For example, at the moment, regarding the environment the main topic is climate change -could you write 250 words about global warming? Likewise for the topic of technology, what do you know about artificial intelligence? You don’t have to be an expert but you do need to have an opinion, and that can only come from getting informed about the topics.
In summary it is advisable to be well versed with current affairs, have a global view of events, and bit of knowledge about each topic.
IELTS writing tips
The writing part of the IELTS can prove to be a little overwhelming; especially, if you don’t know how to approach it. Below is a list of writing tips to help you feel less overwhelmed.
IELTS writing samples
If you aren’t quite sure how to approach your writing section of the IELTS and want some ideas from those who have succeeded click here.
IELTS essay topics with answers
IELTS essays are a great opportunity for you to show off your English abilities in written form. We have put together a great archive of IELTS essay topics with the answers!
Essay writing topics
Practice is truly the mother of preparation, why not make sure you are ready to tackle the IELTS essay by going through our list of essay topics you might encounter during the exam.
Sample 19 IELTS Essays and 240 Task Questions Ebook
Latest Task 2 Questions (August 2018)
1. For school children, their teachers have more influence on their intelligence and social development than their parents. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
2. Many people believe that it is a good idea to have a dress code at workplaces. Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Give your opinion and examples from your own experience.
3. Some think that private companies should pay for pollution clean up, while others say it should be a government’s responsibility. Discuss, and state your own opinion.
4. Many people think that more having more money will make them happier. How important is money to happiness?
5. Many people believe that the use of new technology improves the lives of employees. Others think it is a disadvantage for them. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
6. Some people say that sport is very important for a nation’s development, while others believe that sport is no more than a leisure time activity. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
7. Some people think that children should start school sooner while others believe they should not start it before the age of seven. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
8. Some people argue that competitive sports are good for bringing together different people and cultures. Others argue that these sports can cause problems and increase conflicts between nations. Discuss both points of view and give your own opinion.
9. In some countries, it is illegal for employers to reject job applications on the basis of age criteria. Is it a positive or negative development? Give reasons for your answer and include examples from your own experience.
10. Many young people regularly change their jobs over the years. What are the reasons for this? Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages?
11. Some people think that new technologies benefit the life of workers whereas some deny the statement. Discuss both sides and give your opinion.
12. Scientists agree that many people are eating too much junk food and it is damaging to their health. Some people think that these problems can be solved by educating people to eat less junk food. Other people believe that education will not work.
Discuss both opinions and give your own opinion.
13. Some people think that companies and private individuals should pay to clean up the pollution that they produce, not the government. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
14. As more and more students enter universities, academic qualifications are becoming devalued. To get ahead in many professions, more than one degree is now required and in future, it is likely that people will take a number of degree courses before even starting work. This is an undesirable situation. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
15. Many people are involved in sports when they are young but stop once they are adults. Why do many adults stop doing physical exercise? What can be done about this problem?
16. Some people think that it is a good idea for all employees to wear a uniform at work. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
17, Some people think that new technology always improves the lives of workers. Other people believe that it results in disadvantages for workers. Discuss both opinions and give your own opinion.
18. Some people think that international competitive sports such as football bring conflict between people of different age groups and nationalities. Others think the sport is helping reach understanding between people and nations. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
19. Some people think that only staff who worked in the company for a long time should be promoted to higher positions. What is your opinion on this? Give reasons and relevant examples for your answer.
20. Some people think it’s a good idea to wear a uniform at work. Do you agree or disagree? Give reasons for your answer with relevant examples from knowledge or experience.
21. Some people think it is more important to spend time in developing a successful career while others think it is more important to spend time with friends and family. Discuss both sides and give your opinion.
22. There is less social contact between young and old. What are the reasons? What measures can be taken?
Latest Questions (July 2018) (Education)
Q1. Do you agree with the following statement: home schooling protects students from a number of challenges faced by non-home- schooled children?
Q2. Does distant learning make it easier for students to balance their everyday lives?
Q3 Learning in one’s native tongue yields better school scores than learning in a medium language.
Do you agree or disagree? Argue your point of view.
Q4: Should there be a variety of learning methodologies implemented within the school learning
Latest Task 2 Questions (July 2018)
- Some believe that modern technology has made people less socially active, while others disagree. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
- The best way to reduce crime among young people is to teach parents good parenting skills. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement? Give your own opinion and examples.
- Some psychologists think that the best way to overcome stress of everyday life is to spend a portion of the day doing absolutely nothing. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
- There is a trend of increasing amounts of consumer goods, which leads to environmental problems. What are the reasons for this trend? Give your own opinion and solutions.
- The difference in age between parents and their children has increased compared to the past. Do you think advantages of this trend outweigh the disadvantages?
- Scientists have been warning for many years already that in order to protect the environment people should use less energy. However, most people do not change their ways of living. What is causing this behaviour? How can people be encouraged to change?
- Some people think that children should go to kindergarten before attending primary school, while others believe that is better for children to stay all day with their families. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
- Some people believe that trade and cultural relationships between the countries is a positive development, while others disagree. Discuss both the views and include your own opinion.
- Recently there are more gas stations being built as opposed to diesel ones in rural areas. What are the advantages and disadvantages of this trend?
- Many parents (mostly women) decide to stay home and take care of the family members instead of going out for work. Some people suggest that they should be paid by the government for doing that. Do you agree or disagree? Give reasons for your answer and include examples from your own experience.
- Different cultures are mixing today and the world is becoming a global village. Is it a positive or a negative development? Give your own opinion and examples.
- Nowadays people’s life is changing rapidly and, as a result, family relationships are affected. Do the advantages of this outweigh the disadvantages? Give your opinion and examples from your own experience.
- Measures have been put in place to improve road safety by reducing the speed limits. Some people believe there are better alternatives. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
- Some people think that the range of technology available to people is increasing the gap between the rich and the poor. Others think it has an opposite effect. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
- Some of the methods used in advertising are unethical and unacceptable in today’s society. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?
- People nowadays are not as fit and active as they were in the past. What are the reasons for this? What measures can be taken for this?