1. Many people believe that it’s better to learn something in a group rather than individually. Do you agree or disagree?
2. Some people think that men are naturally more competitive than women. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
3. These days, mobile phones and the internet are very important to the ways in which people relate to one another socially. Do the advantages of this development outweigh the disadvantages?
4. Weddings are more expensive in many countries comparison present and past. What is the reason behind this? Is this a positive or a negative development?
5. Some believe that is the responsibility of people to take care about the environment. Others say it is the government that should take care of the environment. Discuss both views and state your opinion.
6. Scientists believe that in order to protect the environment, people must use less energy in their daily lives. However, most people have not changed the way they live. Why do you think many people have not taken individual action? What could be done to encourage them to take action?
7. Many doctors say that people in today's world do not do enough physical exercise. What do you think are the causes of this?
What solutions are there to this problem?
8. In many countries small shops and town centers are going out of business, because people tend to drive to the large out-of-town stores. This results in an increase in car use, and it also means that people without cars have limited access to out-of-town stores. Do you think advantages of such development outweigh its disadvantages?
9. Films and computer games which contain violence are very popular. Some people believe they have a negative effect on society and so should be banned. Other people, however, say they are just harmless and help people to relax. Discuss both these points of view and give your own opinion.
10. Computer games and films containing violence are popular today. Some people think that these are harmful for our society and the government should ban them. Others argue that such games and films are fine for entertainment. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
11. Many people believe that the increasing number of cars in cities is the biggest source of pollution and waste. Others think that industries are the ones causing pollution. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
12. Many people these days have computer, laptops, telephones at their home for work. Do you think, working from home has more advantages or disadvantages? Give reasons.
13. Many people today use their phones to communicate by sending text messages than talking. What are the reasons for this? Does it have advantages and disadvantages?
14. It is expected in the near future that there will be a higher proportion of old people compared to younger population in some countries. Is it a positive or negative development? Give your opinion and examples.
15. Some people think that schools should involve students in school management. Do you agree or disagree with this idea? Give reasons for your answer.
16. Fast food is a part of life in many place. Some people think this has bad effects in lifestyle and diet. Do you agree or disagree? Give reasons.
17. These days it is very common to have people from two different generations mix in the same workplace. Are there more advantages or disadvantages to this situation? Give your own opinion and include relevant examples.